Monday, January 15, 2007

Spin - Whirlwind (1977 / fusion)

Earlier I posted some comments on a Dutch progressive rock/fusion band called Ekseption. Spin actually is a 'spin-off' of that band, concentrated around the main horn players from Ekseption.

I found a link to a vinyl rip of one of their second (and final) album Whirlwind.
The music of Spin is much more straight forward than Ekseption's, they dropped the classical influences and the arrangements were much more focused on electric guitars and horns (which are very recognizable to fans of Ekseption).
Enthousiasts of jazz/rock fusion might find this album a little bit on the soft side though, but the songs are well balanced and feature some catchy horn arrangements. So if you're up for some 'easy listening', why not try this one...

Get it here (pw=dutchoriginals).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I've been looking for this. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

File not found.

Anonymous said...

Please new upload, file not found!

Salty Dog said...

I'm sorry folks, this album wasn't uploaded by me in the first place… So I'll try and look it up in my archives.
Meanwhile check http://blogsearch.google.com you might have some luck there.
Have a nice day, though…